Environmental Health & Safety

Civil Disturbance or Demonstration

Immediate Actions

Civil disturbance

  • If anyone at a meeting, class or lecture becomes disruptive, ask that person(s) to leave
  • If disrupter refuses to leave, call UCPD at 911 if it is an emergency or (951) 827-5222 if not
  • If phone is unavailable send someone to notify UCPD
  • Provide UCPD with your name, location, and nature of the problem
  • Follow instructions of campus and law enforcement officials


  • Call UCPD to report the incident/activity (9-1-1 if emergency, 827-5222 if not)
  • Continue with your normal routine
  • Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators
  • If possible, stay away from demonstration area

Additional Information / Follow Up Activities

  • Stay away from doors or windows if the disturbance is outside
  • Close and lock doors and windows if noise is disruptive
  • If necessary, secure valuable resources and research to protect them from damage

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

Environmental Health & Safety

Environmental Health & Safety
Environmental Health & Safety

Tel: (951) 827-5528
Fax: (951) 827-5122
E-mail: ehs@ucr.edu